The President, has attended multiple meetings with OPSEU-HQ regarding the upcoming 596 election. As per feedback from OPSEU HQ the election will be held on November 25th from 12:00pm to 1:00pm located Kerr Hall West, Lower Gym. The following measures will be taken:
- OPSEU HQ will take over our Election and will be sending 4-5 officials to oversee the Election.
- None of the present standing officers will be running the Election.
- On the November 25th 2019, the membership will be voting for the offices of:
- Chief Steward VP-1
- Recording Secretary
- Subsequently, there will be a GMM at which time the membership will decide if the membership wants to continue with the offices of
- VP-Health and Safety
- If the membership votes the 4 additional offices in place, the local will hold another formal Election for those positions at a time and place that OPSEU-HQ will determine and oversee.
All of the above points are sanctioned by OPSEU HQ.
There has been a number of the membership complaining about receiving unsanctioned emails regarding the election. If you feel they are troublesome, please email Brian Lesser, Director of CCS. All local sanctioned communications will go through the local 596 list-serve.