Message from OPSEULOCAL 596 President March 7, 2019
- We elected our OPSEU Convention 2019 team.
- 153 ballots were cast and there was one spoiled ballot.
- OPDEU HQ, we found out that #2 Kella Loschiavo is an automatic delegate in my stead.
- Gloria Fernandes, 152 votes,
- Elizabeth Mobeen, 150 votes,
- Alicia Vandeweghe,145 votes,
- Melanie Loiselle, 115 votes,
- Aman Rajwani, 103 votes.
So your delegates will be ranked as Kella, Gloria, Elizabeth, Alicia, and Melanie, and Aman will be our alternate.
- Please remember to participate in the vote today for a staff Board of Governors candidate. You will have received a reminder email already form the employer, but I'm reminding you.
- As part of International Women's Day/Week Elizabeth Mobeen, our VP-Equity want to remind you that there is a Food Drive with the collection going to, Native Women's Resource Centre If you wish to donate (I hope you will), please bring a food item (canned or non-perishable item) to the drop off boxes in POD 150 (the Service Hub).
SAVE THE DATE!!!
October 18, 2018
The new event has been named Harvestivus and will feature a live band, karaoke, prizes, food, and fun!
There will be two settings:
Due to construction on campus, the event will take place in Kerr Hall Upper Gym. Meal options will be included in the coming invitation
We encourage all members to attend as this event is more than a social gathering; it is a show of solidarity to Ryerson leadership and HR, both of whom will be in attendance. It is particularly important given that this is a Bargaining year, as well as to build on the momentum from our open meeting on Aug. 22.
Looking forward to seeing everyone on Oct. 18 - this one's bound to knock your gourd off!